Along with our fabulous friends at Frontier Youth Trust and CURBS Project, we're inviting you to join us in Birmingham on June 5th to explore approaches for working BEYOND the walls of our churches.
With fewer and fewer UK children and young people having a relationship with a church, it's crucial that we find other contexts to engage. BEYOND is an opportunity for youth workers, children's workers and families' workers to unpack a range of approaches for making meaningful, missional connections with those in our communities.
We'll hear from a broad range of inspiring and engaging practitioners, with different specialisms and experiences, all of whom are rooted in their contexts. The programme includes short talks complemented with time to dig deeper into the themes raised and dream what could be for our own neighbourhoods. There will also be lots of opportunities to meet other practitioners, grow your network and pick up some new resources.
Contributors confirmed so far include...
- Gail Adcock (Methodist Children, Youth and Family team), author of The Essential Guide to Family Ministry
- Simon Jay (Haven Centre Community Project)
- Our very own Adele Rogers from Spark (Worth Unlimited, Loughton)
- Nikky Mungeam (YMCA Bristol)
- Rev Dan Woodhouse (Methodist Minister and Anti-Arms Activist)
- Matthew Wilmott (QSpace)
- Kristian Tjemsland (Network Youth Church, Cumbria Diocese)
Don't miss out! Book your tickets now!
DATE: 5th June 2020
TIME: 10am - 4pm
VENUE: St Barnabas Church Centre, Erdington High Street, B23 6SY
COST: Tickets are only £40 and include refreshments and lunch.